Essential & Fragrance Oils
Most of us like a bit of scent to our products and here's a good way to do it.
Fragrance oils will only give a scent - there are no therapeutic benefits but they do smell nice and give you the opportunity to make your products smell of amazing things such as Bay Rum or Driftwood.
Essential oils on the other hand do have therapeutic benefits.
Consider the following:
- Eucalyptus oil is said to stimulate facial hair growth - perfect for the beard.
- Rosemary oil is also said to stimulate the follicles. But we have read that it can darken hair over time which isn't so good if you're blond.
- Cedarwood essential oil promotes circulation and gives a great woody scent to the product.
- Tea tree essential oil is a natural antiseptic and very popular as it can help to cut down dandruff.
- Peppermint oil is also good for dandruff and helps to promote hair growth.
Remember that all essential oils should be used in a carrier oil and not directly on the skin.